SERVICE AGREEMENT DETAILS
We do not require a service contract. We think that if you are happy with our work you will stay on your own, as evidenced by our many long-term customers. In the rare event, you feel you are experiencing customer service issues or need to make changes due to budget constraints; we hope that you will let us know and give us a chance to correct any problems or adjust services to your budget before you decide to leave. However, we recognize that life circumstances do change, and if you should need to cancel services with us permanently, we only ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice before your next regularly scheduled service.
PREPARING FOR OUR VISIT
- We will clean any areas that are reachable and clutter free. We are very grateful when dishes, clothes, toys, leftovers, etc. are put away before our visit. Tidying your home before our visit will significantly improve the quality of your cleaning. Please keep in mind that clutter will substantially increase the time needed to clean your house, and this translates to higher rates for you.
- If you have items of high value or sentimental value, please notify us in advance so that we are aware of taking extraordinary care, or else remove them prior to our visit.
- We love pets and are happy to work with them as long as it is safe to do so. Aggressive pets should be kenneled before our arrival. We reserve the right to leave a home or area of the house without cleaning it if we feel our safety is threatened.
Payment is due at the time of service. Other types of payment arrangements must be made in advance. We accept the following forms of payment:
- A credit card on file is the preferred method of payment.
- Cash at the time of service.
- Check at the time of service. A $35 fee will apply to returned checks.
- Bill-Me-Later Program. This is our free online alternative to using a paper check which uses your bank information through a secure system sponsored by Intuit. You will need an account number and bank routing for this method. Payment is due at the time service is billed. Customers who do not pay within seven days will not be allowed to continue this program and will be required to give a credit card to keep the service.
Parking must be provided/paid for by the client.
We will charge half of your regular cleaning fee if you give us less than 24 hours notice of cancellation, don’t leave a key, or you are not at the site to let us in as arranged. Cancellations with 24-48 hours notice will be charged $50. Our employees rely on this income, and it creates a hardship for them when their workday is unexpectedly cut short. If we are locked out, we will call and email the primary contact information and wait for 15 minutes before proceeding to the next home. We will waive the lockout/cancellation fee for the first incident in a calendar year.
Our employees sign a non-compete agreement when they start work for us. We put a lot of care and energy into training, providing competitive wages and support for our employees to make sure you are getting consistent, quality service. Please respect this agreement and do not put them in a position that can affect their livelihood. Employees who solicit our customers as cleaning clients or accept solicitations from our clients to employ them as cleaners outside of Eastside Housecleaning are subject to immediate termination and possible legal suit.
SCHEDULING ADDITIONAL WORK
Anything outside of our agreed-on scope of work, including cleaning rooms or items that weren’t initially included in your bid, are considered add-ons, and additional fees will apply. All add-ons must be processed through the central office. Add-ons take extra time and must be scheduled into the work order. Please respect the crew and our other customers’ time and give at least 48 hours’ notice for any add-on requests.
USING CLIENT EQUIPMENT
We are happy to use your equipment (vacuums, etc.) and supplies if you request it. However, we cannot accept liability for damages caused by your equipment or supplies. We also cannot take responsibility for damage to your equipment from normal usage.
At every visit, we monitor the time needed to service your account. We review your account every six months to make sure that the rate you are being charged is commensurate with the hours and type of service you are receiving. Substantial changes in the average time needed to service your account will necessitate a rate change. We will inform you immediately if this happens.
Our priority when scheduling is to make sure that we provide you with a service crew on the scheduled day of your service whenever possible. Sometimes this means moving crew members or times of day to make sure that we can meet this commitment for all of our clients. In the rare event that we have to cancel a scheduled service due to a conflict, we will exert all the efforts to reschedule as soon as possible. Please contact the office if you have any concerns about your crew at any time.
- Generally, our crews work as teams of 1-3 people depending on the day’s needs. For larger jobs (requiring 12 man hours or more) the crew size may be adjusted beyond this to help us meet our scheduling needs.
- We recognize the value of building relationships with our customers, so whenever possible your crew will be the same from service to service. We reserve the right to make crew substitutions when necessary due to illness, vacations, etc. If we have to send an entirely different crew for some reason, you will be notified in advance.
- Due to the nature of traffic, and the fact that cleaning needs can vary from week to week, we do not guarantee appointment times except for our 9 am clients. We give it our all to provide you a one hour window of time in which we will be arriving. If we find we are going to reach outside of that window, we will call you to let you know as far in advance as possible.
- On an annual basis, we reoptimize our client schedule to help us reduce travel times between homes. As part of this effort, we may request rearranged plans to help us optimize this for our crews. This helps us cut costs and maintain our rates competitively. We appreciate your flexibility in assisting us in this matter wherever possible.
QUALITY CONTROL PROCESS
We take pride in being thorough and conscientious. To help us make sure that we are exceeding your expectations, we will send a quarterly survey for your feedback. Please assist us by completing this information. We keep track of our results by individuals and as a company to ensure that we are maintaining our quality over time. Our website also has a feedback form available should you wish to comment on an individual service visit between surveys. Also, the Quality Control Manager will randomly inspect houses to ensure that the company’s standards are being met. We ask you to please consider the following:
- We don’t live at your home, so we won’t ever be as familiar with it as you are. Please don’t leave us guessing if there is an item that you want to take care of (i.e., the cobweb that has been bugging you which you can only see in the evening light while standing in a specific place.) Leave us a note with clear instructions about that area so that we are sure not to miss it.
- If you have concerns, please make sure to contact the office within 24 hours so that the problem can be corrected right away following our satisfaction guarantee.
- Please contact us if you have feedback! We won’t be offended! We want you to be happy. We privileged that you have chosen to work with us, and we covet your feedback– positive or constructive– to make sure we are getting it right every time.
- We may occasionally take photos in your home for training purposes only. These will never be shared publicly, and will not have any identifying information. If you do not wish to have us take photos in your home, please contact our office so we can place a note in your files.
Please feel free to tip your crew if you desire. Good feedback on the website is also appreciated – cleaners who receive positive comments can earn additional privileges.
- Referrals to your friends are appreciated as we work to grow our business. If you refer someone to us and they sign on for recurring service with us, we will give you a $35 credit towards your next booking.
- The company will reward each member of your crew with a $15 bonus if they do an excellent job that you feel compelled to post a glowing review on a public feedback site (such as Google, Yelp, etc.)
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
If you are not completely satisfied with your cleaning, contact us within 24 hours of the job’s completion, and we will return and correct the problem at no additional cost to you. Please know that this guarantee is not applicable if you have opted for a time-limited cleaning.
We are insured, bonded and licensed, and perform a 50-state background check on all of our employees.
Breakages are rare, but they do occasionally happen. Our cleaners are obligated to complete a damage report for any breakage, however small, and notify both the homeowner and the company
right away. If you are told of breakage by the cleaner or notice that one has occurred after our visit, please contact the office within 48 hours, and we will work with you to determine a mutually agreeable resolution. Please take note that we will not take full responsibility for alleged breakage for which we do not have a damage report unless it is reported by the homeowner within 48 hours of our service call. Documentation proving fault would be required for any breakage claims made by the homeowner outside of that time frame.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We are not a specialty cleaning company and are not trained in a hazardous material cleanup. Therefore, we do not clean up any body fluids (i.e., blood, pet feces, etc.), chemical spills, pest infestations, or other items that require special procedures. If we see a problem, we will work around that area, and leave you a note so that you can rectify the matter appropriately.
In the event of inclement weather, the safety of our crews comes first. If we experience unsafe weather and your house will be hard to reach, please notify us promptly so we can reschedule. During an inclement weather situation, we may opt for either a late start or a full cancellation of the day’s houses. In both cases, it is likely that some clients may need to be rescheduled, and we will give priority to cleaning those whose homes are more easily reachable.
We are closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If your customarily scheduled cleaning falls on one of these holidays, we will contact you in advance to reschedule you for another open date.